Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Beautiful World - Day 7

It has been a while since I have experienced a totally beautiful day, in part thanks to Mother Nature and in part thanks to my shitty attitude about life in general lately.

Today even I couldn't help but be dazzled by the beauty of the sky.

The weather is usually totally glorious after a storm or when there is a hurricane far off in the ocean. This weekend finds us in the immediate wake of one storm with another on several hundreds of miles to the south. It was almost too beautiful to imagine, despite being amazingly HOT.

People on the beach were cheerful and friendly. I can't remember the last time so many people spoke to me, smiling and cheerful. I don't know if that's because there were more cheerful people on the beach or because I was more receptive to their smiles and friendliness. Well, the truth is I sorta do know, but I'd rather not go there now...., so let's just move on to the pictures:



Ponce Inlet Jetty Park

The flag was flying full out until I started to take a picture, then the wind died down and would not cooperate until after I put the camera back in my pocket. (Mother Nature can be such a PITA.)


Ponce Inlet Lighthouse / Jetty Park

Best of all, I got this way cool picture of the shadow of a seagull. I'm usually thrilled if I can get a photo of a bird in flight that isn't so blurry as to be unrecognizable. Capturing a bird in flight and its shadow. Well, I almost had to sit down and take a breath, I was so excited. The color was "off" in the original, so I switched it to B&W. That was my creative "thing" for the weekend.
That'll do, I think.



Tomorrow is supposed to be another stunner of a day along our stretch of the coast.

Just so we keep our perspective, I think it is important to note that it probably won't be so fabulous in Cuba ... or the Keys. During hurricane season I think one of the more important things we can learn is how important it is to remember that we can't have the rose without the thorns .... and vice versa.

It's the latter I sometimes lose sight of. Which may be why I like to take pictures. I need a lot of reminders.

No comments: