Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day - Beach Bust





This morning we headed to the beach right after high tide for a walk. That turned out to be a bust. The surf was still almost up to the seawall. What was at the time still Tropical Storm Hanna was southeast of the Turks and Caicos Islands, hundreds of miles away, but she was already pushing an extra high tide and angry-looking surf. I guess it isn't half as bad as it will get as the week progresses.

Sorry about the horribly edited video, but it was the first time I tried to use the Windows Movie Maker software. I'm not exactly Steven Spielberg. Take my word for it, this is better than the upside-down and sideways pictures I started out with!

If I can, I'll try to take some more pictures this week as Hanna comes closer.


No guarantees, because I may, however, be otherwise occupied as she approaches.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the folks on the Gulf Coast tonight. The winds weren't as bad as they could have been, but I fear for the flooding that could follow the storm.