Friday, March 13, 2009

Special Days for Mom

This morning I had to attend a meeting in Orlando.  I was finished before noon.  My boss had already agreed that I would not need to go into the office in the afternoon.  My Daughter Dear is on spring break from college this week.  We live in Daytona Beach, the World's Capital of Spring Break. Naturally, she went to the beach every day... without leaving home.  How cool is that?! 

I arrived home from Orlando about 12:30 p.m. DD, her Wonderful BoyFriend and I had plans to go to the beach.  First, we stopped for lunch at my new favorite seafood place in New Smyrna Beach. I hadn't eaten anything yet today, and had developed a terrible headache. The blackened fish fixed me right up!  Golly, it was fantastic.

After that we went to the beach.  It was a little cool, with the wind blowing in off the water.  We so rarely have the opportunity to simply sit down and talk.  It was great.  I went for a short walk, but spent most of the afternoon sitting in a beach chair making small talk with DD. 

By late afternoon, the wind shifted and it got downright chilly, driving us off the beach.  When we got home, we went our separate ways.  Nevertheless, the afternoon was, for me, one of those special memories that moms tuck away in their hearts.

No comments: