Saturday, February 28, 2009

I love old ladies (most of the time)

I'm involved in a community service organization in which I work with a bunch of really special people. One lady on the committee must be in her seventies, at the least. She is a total ball of fire, just the kind of the person I want to be when I'm that old, sort of (except for the stubbornness part).  

The first time I ever talked to her, she went into a tirade about how the organization needed to take better advantage of computer technology such as email groups and web conferencing. For one thing, I totally agreed with her. For another, I thought it was awesome that someone her age was so on board with computer technology. 

The other day we went to a meeting together. At one point she turned to me and asked, "Do you Twitter?"

I laughed.  I was glad that at least I knew what she was talking about!!  I actually signed up for a Twitter account when I first heard about it, but I have never used it because I thought it was just another way to waste time, and I don't have a lot of time to waste.

Old ladies can be irritating as hell, but when I get to be one, I want to be an old lady who Twitters (or whatever the equivalent might be at that time).

No comments: