Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Coming Up For Air

I have been distracted lately: Work;  Life/family; Writing; Trying to stay warm.

I know. I know.  I shouldn't complain about the cold in Florida, because the folks up north are in the DEEP FREEZE.  They are dealing with snow and ice and sub-zero temps.  My mother tells me the snow in her front yard looks like a wedding cake: a layer of snow, a layer of ice, more snow, more ice.  

How dare I complain about being cold?  

Well, for one thing, I don't own a coat. I have a couple of sweatshirts and a light jacket.  I don't have gloves or a hat. The furnace in our house is just not up to the job of keeping the place warm in a cold snap like the one we're having. In the house, I can wrap up in multiple layers of clothing. 

At work, it's a different story. I've worn all my turtle neck shirts already this week. Now what?  Tonight it's supposed to be the coldest it's been.  I have nothing warm left to wear to work tomorrow!

I hate winter.   It is dark when I leave for work. Dark when I come home. And it is cold.  Maybe not as cold as it was in the Midwest, but uncomfortably cold for the life I live.  I still hate it.

So, what have I been doing about it?  Snuggling up in a blanket and writing up a storm. 

Blogging has sort of take a back seat lately.  Maybe I'll get back with it when I warm up a little. 

No comments: