Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ARRA -- Hmmm....

The other day I receive an email from Sojourners which expressed satisfaction with the bailout proposed by the Obama administration. I did not have time to review it in detail, but I thought it was interesting that Sojourners sort of liked the Obama version of the bailout. When Sojourners likes legislation, I'm pretty sure I will too.

Today, I read a summary of the total package for the first time.  I understand why Sojourners was happy with it.  It's got all the right stuff in it to prevent people from falling through the cracks.  It includes a lot of good stuff, I think.

It also provides for bailing out businesses and financial institutions that I think should be allowed to fail. 

Nevertheless, it is clear that our President's heart is in the right place.  The man's got his priorities all lined up correctly.

My only concern is: where is all this money supposed to come from??

No comments: