Friday, June 6, 2008

What I Did On My Day Off

My Dear Husband and I have been visiting St. Augustine regularly since 1983. Since moving to Florida a decade or so ago, we have made it a practice to visit at least every few months. It never gets old. Today was particularly wonderful. Usually we visit on the weekends when St. Augustine is very crowded. Today we actually found a parking space, which allowed us to walk around the Old City. We also stopped at St. Augustine Beach. The only stretch of that beach I had never walked was from the St. Augustine Beach Pier north to the pass into St. Augustine. That's about three miles or so. I walked that stretch today. For the last two miles or so, I was the only person on the beach except for one lady on a bike.

It was a PERFECT way to spend a day off: going on a vacation close enough to come home for supper and to sleep in my own bed.

St. Augustine Beach, Florida

Castillo de San Marcos
St. Augustine, Florida



Intracostal Waterway
Matanzas, Florida




Matanzas, Florida







No comments: