Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Random Updates

Now that Graduation is behind us, DD is spending the summer registering for college. Evidently registering for college is as much of an ordeal today in the Internet age as it was for MOI in the age of computer punch cards and standing in line for hours, only to end up in Drop/Add. I'm glad to know that, while the details may be radically different, registration for college is still a right of passage that totally sucks. That's only fair.

*****
Rainy season is upon us here in the Sunshine State. This year things are screwed up. It is supposed to rain every day at approximately 2:00 p.m. The rain is supposed to be over by 5:00 p.m. in order to allow for MOI to take my walk. The Weather Gods have not been cooperating!!! MOI is not happy. To which the Weather Gods reply, "So??"
The good part of this is: there is at least some rain in some places most days. This is terribly important for the purpose of preventing wildfires.
******
The writing Muse has returned with a vengeance. I've been writing fingers to the bone in every spare moment. That makes me so happy, I can't begin to describe it. Getting SOMEBODY WHO MATTERS to read said scribbling is less ecstasy-inducing. Sucks, to be honest. I'm considering posting my fiction on line. Might as well give it away since I can't find anybody to buy it. Still contemplating that.

No comments: