Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm Feeling Much Better Now

I think I am about finished with my pre-Christmas melt-down. At least I hope so.

The Anniversary and DH's birthday are over, and Christmas is almost upon us.  My shopping is done, that is, unless I take a notion to stop and buy some more stuff tomorrow on my way home from work, which I typically do. Shopping on Christmas Ever is a tradition with me, since I was a kid and I used to go with my Dad to do his Christmas shopping for Mom on Christmas Eve.  

My biggest "issue" with Christmas is the disconnect between what I believe to be my blessed good fortune at having a roof over my head, food on my table and a job that pays a living wage -- as opposed to the millions of people who are out of work and wondering what they will do next. I would like to give all the money I would ordinarily spend on Christmas gifts to charity. 

Unfortunately, my family wants to give (and receive) gifts, which causes me to have to buy gifts. 

 

No comments: