Monday, July 7, 2008

Give me patience -- NOW!!

My 11 year old printer ran out of ink a week or so ago about the same time it began to more or less regularly jam. Rather than spend the money to replace the ink cartridges only to have the rotors poop out, we elected to buy a new printer. The original printer cost more than $250 when it was new in 1997. The new printer cost under $65 including shipping plus two print cartridges.

Tonight I printed off several fliers for DH's business in no time. I printed off an 8-1/2 x 11-inch photo that looks like it came from Walgreen's. Text prints fast, but the photos print faster than I would have expected ... and with AMAZING clarity.

I am amazed and impressed. The printer works like magic from my computer, over a wireless connection, meaning I can sit in the living room and print off stuff in the bedroom.

The problem is that we have two other computers in the house and for which I have not been able to get the printer to work at all, despite four hours of constant trying tonight. I give up -- for tonight. I'm thrilled that I can print from my computer, which is the one we use most of all. I'm not happy that I can't print from the others. I'll figure it out eventually, I feel sure.

The good news is I HAVE A NEW PRINTER THAT PRINTS BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!! (YAY!!)

The bad news is that I still can't print from all the computers in the house. Bummer.

No comments: