Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fwd: On Holy Week / Practical Application

I have spent the Lenten observance reflecting on my life: my relationships; my work; my goals.  

I reread Every Day Sacred and identified some themes that were important to me, such as the importance of asking for what I want and knowing when I have enough.  I spent a lot of time thinking about the meaning and use of Sabbath time.

I gave up writing fiction as a sacrifice but also to free up time for these reflections.  

Holy Week is the climax of the entire lead up to Easter.   I thought about giving up writing altogether for the week. I decided instead to write mostly fiction this week.  After a five week absence, it's glorious to have the chance to write fiction again ... .

In that way, I'm participating in the Easter Myth by doing a little myth-making of my own. 

No comments: