Friday, November 21, 2008

Bitching and Moaning (cont'd)

Okay, so I can't wait until next week to get this off my chest. I am not a happy camper. I hate professional seminars!

They make me stay in a hotel away from my family, which I do not like.

They put me in a classroom that is approximately the same temperature as a gynecologist's examining room. I had on three shirts today. I guess I'll go for four tomorrow.

One of the instructors insisted on standing in the BACK of the room. I always sit in the fucking front of any classroom so I can see and hear. I do not appreciate the instructor wandering to the back of the room where I can't see or hear him! It really drives me crazy when he has side conversations with people in the back.

The instructors tend to be
pompous windbags standing up in front of the group showing off about how smart they are and expecting us to be impressed by their knowledge and tickled by their lame attempts at humor. I work for some really, really smart people. They make these guys look like a bunch of yokels.

To make matters worse, there are too many pompous asses among the students who just must keep interrupting the proceedings to ask questions or make comments designed to demonstrate to the pompous windbag teaching the class and the rest of the participants how unbelievably smart they are... Half the time they just look stupid because of the inane crap that comes out of their mouths.

All I want to do is get through the curriculum and end the class on time so I have plenty of time in the evenings to study. Students who ask lengthy questions during class or who buttonhole pompous windbags during breaks, thereby causing breaks to run long, and class to run over.... well, they just piss me off.

I do not like being cooped up in hotels under the best of circumstances, but this hotel has very uncomfortable desk chairs and too little lighting, which makes it tough on an old bag like me to study.....

... so I gave up and decided to blog. At least my computer is self-lit and I can hold it in my lap.

I feel better now. At least until tomorrow when I get to do it all over again.

I'll try to leave this subject for now. I promise.




No comments: